♥...Briyani Chicken...♥

Okey, back with a chicken recipe again! Hahaha...must have a chicken dish once a week na! What to do? I'm a ChickenLover...maybe can change my nick to ChickenLover just like Sonia@Nasilemaklover...sengihnampakgigi

It's okey, I came to the cyberworld as love2cook, so better remain my identity then...kenyit (actually now turning lazy2cook)..jelir

This is another experiment on the chicken...(so pity the chickens, always get experimented from me, if only they can speak!) ayam...

I had some briyani spice lying on rack for few months already (nope, it has not expired as yet senyumkenyit). Never felt like making briyani rice, so used it on a chicken instead.

Just a very simple recipe to share...ingredients may look plenty...hihihi!

briyani masala chicken3
BRIYANI CHICKEN by love2cook
  • 1/2 chicken ~ cut into smaller pieces
  • 2 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
  • 2 tbsp shallots paste
  • 2 tbsp dried chilli paste
  • 1 pc cinnamon stick
  • 1 pc star anise
  • 3 pcs cardamom pods
  • a pinch of fennel seeds
  • 2 lemongrass stalks ~ crushed
  • 1 large onion ~ sliced
  • 1 large tomato ~ diced
  • 2 pcs dried bay leaves ( may use the fresh ones too)
  • 2 tbsp briyani spice powder *
  • 1 tbsp curry powder *
  • 1/2 tbsp corriander powder *
  • 1/2 tsp fennel powder *
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder * (* make a paste with lil water)
  • 100 ml evaporated milk ( may sub with coconut milk)
  • salt to taste
  • cooking oil
Method :~
  1. Heat oil. Fry cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods, fennel seeds and onion and lemongrass until fragrant. Add shallots and ginger-garlic paste. Stir awhile and add chilli paste. Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
  2. Add tomato and chicken pieces. Stir and cover with lid until chicken is cooked.
  3. Now, add the mixed powder paste, bay leaves and salt. Mix well with the chicken. Cover again for 5 minutes.
  4. Finally, add evaporated milk, give it a boil and turn off the flame. Dish out...
Goes well with bread, thosai, idlis, plain/briyani/ghee rice...whatever...lapar

briyani masala chicken



Comments

  1. Oh dear, this spiced chicken looks very good ^_^ Bye, I hope you've a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a new name to me. looks very good. Love to cook does not seem lazy to cook to us.. u are always smart and energetic trying new experiments with chicken.. love to read about ur new experiments...I too sometimes make this curry but with coconut milk.. wonderful snaps dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I certainly need extra rice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once i say that name, i thought u have posted briyani, then once i saw the pick i realized u have posted a gravy with chicken, looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious chicken curry using Biryani Spice, Nice Idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have not taken my lunch yet.....very hungry after seeing your yummy biryani chicken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Love, lama kak tie tak tinggalkan komen di sini, hehe.. selalu baca sorok-sorok!

    Ish.. geram tengok chicken tu, terliur lak. Tu popiah pisang di bawah pun nampak menarik. Rajin betul love bungkus, ya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am a chicken lover too just like you...ingredients used is really very nice, am sure must be very yum...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear don't call yourself a lazy bum otherwise I have to hide my face ;-)
    Chicken curry looks very tempting. Al I need is little rice with it :-)

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, yum, yum, I wish I could taste some, I could almost smell that from here :) I don't believe at all your claim to laziness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmmmm......love2cook....n myself love2eat hehehe....tcare love....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Very tempting chicken,luks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  13. juling jap jiya nengok ayam ni.. mcm nak kena suh makan jek. akekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  14. your briyani chicken definitely looks delicious, it would be great with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comme d'habitude, ton biryani doit être délicieux
    Je note ta recette
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha ha I accept what suhaina says.. beautiful tempting clicks dear...

    ReplyDelete
  17. nadiah pernah cuba buat ayam beriani tapi cair sgt. haha..entah apa entah yg silapnya. takpe, next time cuba lg. ehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  18. my my tht last pic is inviting me to have some with rotis.....love ur chicken experiments in the kitchen turning into creative mouthwatering dishes...needless to say tht i m drooling...infact i m grabbing tht plate off the screeeeeeeeeeen...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks delicious and a nice idea...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the type of curry I like! Thick thick gravy...with coconut milk..oh, or evap.milk. I personally don't taste much difference of the two in cooking.
    My hubby loves this.. thanks for the recipe, so that I know where to look when I want to cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow una ricetta super!complimenti!ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, so good your experiments always turned out so good... I wish i got the same talent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, you are a Chicken Lover..quickly change name..
    I never know there is briyani spice out there, just buy from Indian grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks very delicious. Would be so good with rice. I have just cooked chicken curry for dinner today....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey dear ! How have you been ..Missed you all a lot...I know I have tons to catch up..:-)
    This looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  26. chicken biryani is familiar but biryani chicken sounds interesting really delicious and yummy chicken feel totaste some nice try

    ReplyDelete
  27. love, what can I say, the dish was simply superb!! tried it with free range chicken - it was so delicious, everyone had second (& some, third) helpings!

    Thanks for sharing - will cook this dish again very soon due to high demand

    ReplyDelete
  28. DEAR Friends ~~> Thank U so much for all ur lovely comments on my Briyani Chicken. Try it...hope it'll meet all ur tastes!!!

    Radka ~~> Hi, thanks for dropping by ya! :D

    Aarthi ~~> Hi Ms Aarthi, thanks for dropping by! So glad U tried the recipe. I'm so touched with ur compliments...sure, cook the dish again...;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING OVER