♥...Friday Food Review ~ Lemon Butter Cake...♥

Like I told you before, I simply love butter cakes...the more original is alway the best.

Of late, I've been baking butter cakes quite regular. Just trying out all the recipes I found on net. This also helps me to clear my loooooooong bookmark list.

Butter cake with a cup of tea or coffee is always perfect. And a Lemon Butter Cake is nothing the less. Gosh, I baked this cake twice already now! Tastes so yumm and delicious. Glad to see my family enjoyed the cake..me too!

Thanks a bunch to Sonia@Nasilemaklover for sharing her recipe. The original recipe has lemon glaze, but I skipped it. The cake alone is super duper yummy! Again, I did not wait for the cake to cool before slicing, that's why you can see lots of crumbs on the plate. Gonna bake this often for sure...

Sonia, please allow me to C&P the recipe here for future reference.


LEMON BUTTER CAKE by Sonia@Nasilemaklover...
*make 1 loaf tin

Ingredients:~
  • 125g butter
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 lemon, finely grate the rind
  • 2 large eggs
  • 175g self-raising flour
  • 4tbsp milk
Lemon glaze ( I skipped this)
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 lemon, extract juice
  • 1 lemon, finely grate the rind

Method :~

1. Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs one by one, then add in lemon rind, mixing well.
3. Fold in the flour and milk, combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 40mins.
6. Mix sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat till sugar dissolved, add in lemon rind, set aside.
7. When cake done, remove cake from the oven and prick all over with a skewer.
8. Pour over the lemon glaze over the hot cake.
9. Ideally to leave cake to set overnight, to have better flavour.

 
 Lemon Butter Cake..anyone????


Comments

  1. Sedapnyaaaaaa....

    Nnt nak try buat la... Thanx 4 sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love citrus cakes. Soft and fragran, that slice is a big temptation. I'm mouthwatering ^__^
    Bye bye dear, have a good week end

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm!!!!wat a beautiful looking cake, soo soft..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Yes ... I want two slices :) just perfect for my afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. i love the colour... i am drooling here.. perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please! I love butter cakes too, love the buttery aroma and yummy taste! This cake looks really moist! Would be good with a cup of black coffee...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color and looks so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, moist and absolutely delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buttery and lemony, irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so moist and buttery, nak sikit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. love..
    give me one slice..
    nak minum ptg ..hihi

    ReplyDelete
  12. fullamakkkk drooling sudaaaa..... akak suker butter cake lebih2 lg yg ader perisa lemon camni... sedapnyer love! nah amik ayam ngan kuih bako nih! jgn rebut2 ngan budak dua org tuh! kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowww..kak love! nampak sangat delicious,i bawa pinggan ni..can u give me some?hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to know you like this cake,try to add lemon glaze next time, I bet you will lobe it! Thanks for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wah love akak pun suke ngan lemon cake tu

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could have this, any time of the day...very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love butter cakes too..this looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks really fluffy. I just love the taste of lemon in cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want, I want......2moro, I go to your house to collect! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soft and yummy,looks fantastic..love citrus flavored cakes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love lemon butter cake, its simple and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. first time here and to be honest I'm in love with ur blog.. every pic, every post.. drools me.. To mention, the post on graduation is awesome!! great blog dear and love to follow u!
    Do visit me at...
    http://rasoithekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love dear:)minta 2 potong hehehe(ketawa dgn muka tak malu)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Love. My Talam Sugee already finished! Here is steamed black chicken instead. One piece of this butter cake please... actually for Liana as I don't like lemon but your cake looks so moist!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow...pic makes me drooooooool...looks tempting n yummy..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the texture of the cake! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree, a good slice of butter cake and a cup of tea, ahhh beautiful! Great cake, lemon is such a great flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  28. its look delicious.... n i'm planning to make it for my children once back from holiday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING OVER